Breeding Costs and Considerations
What you need to know before breeding your Axie
Breeding is a big part of the Axie Infinity universe. It is how new Axies are created! Before you breed, you need to know the costs and other considerations.
- 1.Breeding Limitations
- 2.Breeding Costs
- 3.Axie Genetics
- 4.Morphing Timeline
- 5.Bonus: Breeding Tools
- Each Axie is can breed up to 7 times.
- You can find the current breed count of an Axie on it's page
- An Axie cannot breed with it's siblings or parents
- However it can breed with grandparents, cousins and uncles
Credit: Axie Discord server
- Origins and MEO Axies do not require SLP to breed, but are still limited to 7 maximum breeds
You'll see these tags on Origin and MEO Axies
- Smooth Love Potion (SLP) are tokens that you can earn from playing the game.
- Below is the SLP breeding cost for each Axie:
- 1.The SLP required is 1050 SLP ◾ The first Axie's breed count is (2/7), breeding for breed number #3 and that would cost 750 SLP ◾ The second Axie's breed count is (0/7), breeding for breed number #1 and that would cost 300 SLP ◾ In total, it would cost this pair 1050 SLP
- 2.The breeding fee for any pair is always 1 AXS
Every Axie has 6 body parts and a body shape. Each of the part carries 3 genes: dominant (D), recessive (R1) and minor recessive (R2) genes. The dominant gene determines the body parts an Axie would have.
All genes have a chance to be passed down to the offspring. The chances of a gene being passed down follows below probability:
- Dominant (D) = 37.5% chance
- Recessive (R1) = 9.375% chance
- Minor Recessive (R2) = 3.125% chance
Note that above totals up to 50%, which accounts for one parent. When you breed 2 Axies, the percentage sums-up to 100%.
Mystic and Holiday Parts
These are special and limited parts that can't be passed down via breeding.
Mystic Axies: Galadriel (owned by OhhShiny), Auraya (Brycent), and Holiday Axie: Pollution (Pollution)
- Classes do not have recessive genes. Axie offspring have an equal chance to inherit either of their parents' classes (50%/50%). For example:
- If the parents are aquatic and plant. The baby will have 50% chance to be aquatic and 50% plant.
- If both parent are from the same class, the baby is guaranteed to inherit their parents' class.
There are random chance that your offspring Axie would get genes that are not present on the parent's genetics. This is called mutation. As for now, there is not enough information on the mutations probability to be written.
- Breeding will give you Axie eggs.
- You'll need 5 days before you can morph your eggs into adult Axies.
- Axie genes will be available after it turns into an adult.
Now that you are aware what goes into a breeding, let's #BreedEm!